1. Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective? It is important to tie technology to the objective to make your lesson meaningful. If you are utilizing technology based applications but they do not relate to the objective you are not providing our students with a quality lesson or you may be feeding them to much information and affecting the rate the students may be able to retain useful information.
2. Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers? I like this question because it is the same as a direct instruction lesson. We need to hold students accountable to be sure they were able to grasp/ master the concepts at the stations/centers. I have observed a lot of great stations and centers but there is nothing to show what they students mastered. If we do not build this component into our lessons then we are failing our students. It is truly wishful thinking that every student will go to every independent station and do exactly what they are instructed to do. We may need to reteach a concept based on the results of a mini quiz at one station.
3. Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like? How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations? online mini quiz; students would be required to score and 80 or better to show that they mastered the concept and the other station students will be required to write a summary of what they learned, and students could be given a rubric/checklist to ensure they reached a certain level of mastery.
4. List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations? Brainpop, Edmodo, Khan Academy, and IXL.
Brainpop: 1.We have done teacher lead on a Brainpop. We have a reading from a science magazine and pair shares prior to playing the Brainpop to introduce material. Students always use the same remote during Brainpops. Students then used the active votes to complete the quiz and results were displayed immediately based on the remote number.
Brainpop: 2.We could set up the Brainpop stations as an independent station. Students use mac books and headphones to review and take the quiz. Students are required to score and 80 or better. They print the results or email results to teacher/s.
5. What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station. Currently in science we use the ipads to complete Brainpops ( done individually, students take the quiz, and are required to score and 80 or above and print out the results). Explore Learning (Usually done in groups of two or three to complete and show mastery of science experiments). Explore learning has a two to four pages that students are required to complete to show mastery.