Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tool 3

1.  Discovery Education was a very informative site and very user friendly.  I loved all of the Webinars that were available for students.  This year I will be sure that we are utilizing Discovery Education for our students in the class and during activity period. 

2.  Embedded two videos

3.  I enjoyed the copyright and fair use information.  It is important to be informed so that we can set parameters and ensure that our lessons and student projects comply with the law.  What I learned most from this section is that the law seems to be on the side of educators and students seeking knowledge.  We most definitely do not encourage students nor teachers to infringe on any one's copyrighted materials.  It is truly comforting to know that we can utilize sectors of those materials and publish to a secure location and still be complying with the law.   

4.I enjoyed learning about the Creative Commons feature on Picasa.  I was not aware that
Creative Commons (CC) was a non-profit organization that provides a licensing feature and other free tools that let authors, scientists, artists, educators, and photographers easily control how their works are used.  This is great because I enjoy shooting still photography of nature.  I could post my photos to Picasa but control how I wanted them used. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment